Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Totally Forgot To...

Wish Rick a Happy Birthday somewhere in the last couple of posts.  Tsk, tsk!  Happy Birthday, love!!  Rick's birthday was last Thursday, the 29th, but we went out and celebrated with friends on Friday.  It was a super awesome time, as always!

Honestly, I'm happy we (or I) got the partying out of my way on Friday instead of Saturday.  Doing so allowed me to go to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and start on a Halloween wreath, then lay around and be lazy all day Sunday.  I don't know why I've never used Friday as my 'going out' night.  It's so much easier that way!  Get off work, go home and relax for a while, get dressed, head out, have lots of fun, go home, and relax on Saturday AND Sunday.  Genius!

So, on Saturday I started working on a Halloween wreath that I found on Martha Stewart's website.  I also posted it on Pinterest.  The basic idea came from her but I've added some elements to dress it up a little.  I wanted it to be a little more cutesy Halloween rather than just a black wreath hanging on my door.  I've finished the actual wreath but I'm still looking for a ribbon to hang it.  The Halloween-inspired ribbons that I found at Hobby Lobby weren't all that great.  Most of them were wire ribbons and I hate working with wire ribbons.  They always bend at the wrong places and it really irks me!  I think I'm just going to go with a plain black ribbon and be done with the project so I can finally hang it on the front door.  I'll take and post pictures when it's done! :)

Speaking of pictures, I've misplaced my camera!!!!  I can't find it anywhere.  Not that I've look all that hard...but I can't seem to find it where I would normally put it: purse, tv stand, shelf, nightstand drawer, etc.  I know where the battery charger is, but no camera.  I'm kind of freaking out a little and I'm kind of thinking that I lost it for good.  That may just be me thinking the worst of the situation though.  I must find this little guy!  We have 17 days (yes, I'm counting down!) until we leave for Vegas and I must have my camera with me.  "What happens in Vegas" WILL come back with me in the form of pictures.  I'm just going to have to think like a camera and ask myself "If I were a camera, where would my irresponsible owner have left me?"  I plan on canvasing the entire house this week to find my little companion.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment