Sunday, October 16, 2011

Finally...My Halloween Wreath!

Good evening!!

So, I finally got around to putting the finishing touch on my Halloween wreath today.  The actual wreath has been complete for a couple of weeks now and has been hanging on the door with my tacky clear door hanger.  But today, I finally got around to hanging it with a ribbon.  It looks so much better!!

I stumbled upon the Halloween wreath idea when I found this wreath from Martha Stewart on Pinterest:


But, I definitely wanted it to have more.  It's cute just the way it is but having a plain black wreath hanging from my front door would have made me feel like it were incomplete.  I like lots of decoration!  I ended up at the Hobby Lobby here in town and found a few wood and felt Halloween figures and cutouts.  I also got the the wreath form, flowers, and spray paint there.  Hobby Lobby is my one-stop shop!

Here's a picture of my set-up:

I made the horrible mistake of working with a straw form!  I've never worked with one before and I'll never work with another one again.  They're messy and they're hard to break through when attaching flower stems.  My fingers hurt so bad the next day from struggling with this form!  I should have stuck with what I know!  Anyway, I cut the stems down on all of the flowers and attached them to the form with hot glue, then sprayed the entire thing with black spray paint.


I let it dry for a few hours then attached the wood cutouts and felt creatures.  And, today, I finally added the black ribbon to hang it.  Here it is...drumroll please...

Ahhhh!  Isn't it adorable?!  I'm so happy with the way it turned out.  I really wanted it to be cutesy Halloween and I think that's exactly what I got!

I'm on a roll with these Pinterest-inspired projects.  First the leopard flats and now my Halloween wreath!  I can't wait to see what will come up next!

Oh, a sidenote: I lurk on TheNest, a lot, and was indirectly introduced to Birchbox.  I recently received my first Birchbox and am trying out all of the products they sent me.  Once I'm done testing the products I'll write about them.  :-)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Have a GREAT Sunday night!!

1 comment: