Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yay! I Found...

My camera!!  I guess I didn't do that great of a job of checking all of my clutches because I found my camera safe and sound sitting in one.  My memory has gone down the freakin' drain!  I'm just happy I found it.

I got the grand idea to make my Halloween costume this year.  I get so tired of spending anywhere from $30 to $40 on a new costumes every year (actually, multiply those numbers by 2 because there are two of us that dress up).  Anyway, I decided that I was going to be a Flapper this year and I was going to make this costume myself.  I haven't sewed a huge project in years but I knew I had scrap material somewhere.  Low and behold, I find tons of awesome hot pink satin material.  Score!!  Then it dawned on me that it's already the 9th of October (when I found the material), I'm out of town next weekend, I don't want to be stressed the day of a Halloween celebration finishing a costume, and if I push myself to do it all this weekend then I will, for sure, mess it up; so, I canned the whole idea.  So, my new costume and inspiration is...

Flashdance!  Rick and I watched the movie Take Me Home Tonight this past weekend and that movie actually sold me on dressing up 80's style for Halloween...along with the fact that my best friend is doing it too!  The movie was awesome and hilarious with the crazy clothes and hair, and I've wanted to dress 80's style for a while now so this is what I'm doing for Halloween.  I'm even having a sweatshirt like the one above made so I don't have to answer possible questions about what I am for Halloween (not that I should receive any because this "look" is pretty well-known).  Now I just need to find leg warmers, a leotard, and leggings (there's no way I'm wearing JUST a leotard!).  I'll make a head band from t-shirt/sweatshirt scraps and I'm a pro at teasing my hair!  I'm pretty excited about this!

I've gotta run and finish my Halloween wreath but before I do, here's a picture of Rick & I dancing after a night out celebrating his Birthday.  Disclaimer: He's NOT a dancer and we were both pretty tipsy but I think it's an adorable picture!



1 comment:

  1. Perfect costume idea! You'll be so cute! And I love that picture of you and Tweety! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete