Sunday, January 30, 2011

Louisiana and... Spring-Like Weather?!

So, work took me to Louisiana last week and it was a pretty interesting trip. It's been years since I've been to Louisiana and I was excited to see how it is and learn a few new things. I flew into Baton Rouge then headed to Lafayette and Lake Charles, then back to Baton Rouge to catch my flight back; but I caught tons of tiny towns in between those cities. I was there for almost 5 whole days! The weather was crappy for the first couple of days, then it was cold and windy, and, as my luck would have it, the last day was absolutely beautiful. I made several calls a day and came in contact with a lot of people while I was there. I did a ton of driving, almost 900 miles, which allowed me to see a lot of things and meet a lot of people; and from that I learned the following: Louisianans love their boudin, cajun food, king cakes, and mardi gras; there are non-working draw bridges everywhere; crawfish and alligator are served at almost every restaurant; there are tons of older people who ride their bikes everywhere; and the most interesting fact from my trip...I didn't see one person on the side of the street asking for money and it was quite refreshing. That may sound a little mean but I see people on the side of street asking for money all the time when I'm in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, so it was nice to not see that for a while. All in all, it was a good trip and I hope to win additional business from it.

Now, fast-forward to this weekend... How beautiful was this weather?! Oh my gosh! The weather this weekend was absolutely awesome. Only in Texas does it get near 80 degrees in January. It was nice to be out and about enjoying it. It feels like Spring is right around...but low and behold, Mr. Winter is not ready to leave yet. A cold front moves through Tuesday and while I was dreaming of barbeque this weekend, it looks like I'll be dreaming of chili later this week.

This is probably the shortest entry I've ever written but I have cupcakes in the oven and they're calling my name! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment