Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, guys!! I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and a happy New Year. I know we did! We saw tons of family and friends over the Christmas holidays and rang in the new year with some of our closest friends. It was absolutely wonderful!

I say this every time I've gone a month or more without updating, but I've been meaning to get on here. Really, I have! It was a busy month for us. Work gets crazy that time of year, we hosted a Christmas party, I'm an obsessive holiday decorator and that takes tons of time, we had family coming into town, and we had family to visit. I'm sure December was hectic for everyone. Work, shopping, Christmas parties for friends, family, and work, decorating, etc. Anyway, I'm using the entire month of December as my excuse for not posting for almost a month, ha!

We hosted our 1st Annual Christmas Party and it was a complete success. Almost everyone showed up, some of us wore tacky sweaters or Christmas gear, we ate, drank, and exchanged gifts. It was so much fun and I believe that was the first time we were able to get a big group of our friends together during the holidays. We're already looking forward to doing it again this year!

We spent New Year's Eve with some of our closest friends, and as always, it was a great time. We all got dressed up and rang in the new year in style! I believe that's another 'firsts' for us. We're usually pretty low-key for New Years so this was a refreshing change to our routine.

Resolutions are a huge thing for many people and I made it a point to make a few of my own this year. My number one resolution is to be an all-around better person. I want better health for myself (and for Rick), more motivation and determination, and a better attitude towards different things and people. Along with that, I'd like to eat better, stay in shape, be more active, and, of course, blog more often! I know it's hard to change but I think change is good, and it's definitely possible. Not only have I said these resolutions aloud, but I've also written them down as a reminder when I'm feeling discouraged or lost.

I wish everyone luck on their resolutions...you CAN do it!

1 comment: