Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Awaiting Valentine's Day

Yep, you read it right, I'm anxiously awaiting Valentine's Day! I'm a person who loves LOVE, and loves any excuse or "commercial" holiday to celebrate love. I don't expect to go out to this crazy dinner and spend an insane amount of money, but I do expect to have my date night and alone time with my hubby. With that said, I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do! I go from one idea to another and then to another, but I always go back to one main idea: cooking a romantic dinner at home together followed by a night of sitting around the fire pit. Absolutely NO TV!! It actually sounds perfect for us because it's been a while since we've cooked dinner together. Cooking a meal together is something that I wanted us to start doing at least once a week but schedules and activities have gotten in the way. I think Valentine's Day just might be the perfect "excuse" to get my cooking night! What is everyone else doing for Valentine's Day, or are you one of those people who really don't care about the holiday?

The Super Bowl was this past weekend and I must admit, it was a pretty exciting game. We got together with our closest and best friends for an afternoon of food and football. Rick and I were going for the Steelers and it sucked to watch them lose. Even worse, it sucked to lose money because they lost, LOL! At least the Black Eyed Pea's halftime performance was entertaining...in my opinion anyway!

The Super Bowl festivities were great until that cold front blew through and it brought something with it that knocked me on my butt. I'm still not sure what it is that I'm "allergic" to but I know I don't like it! Coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat; gross stuff! I rarely ever get legitimately sick where I have to take off work or just sit around and do nothing. The last time I was sick like this was the week of our wedding back in October of 2009! I go through periods where I don't feel so hot but I never really, really get sick, so it sucked that I had to take off work because I couldn't move without coughing or sneezing. And as my luck would have it, I'm finally feeling better just in time for the next cold front to blow through tomorrow morning. I just can't wait to see what allergens come in with this front (enter sarcasm). I feel like I'm always complaining about the weather...well here's another complaint: I'm tired of cold fronts! I'm ready for these cold fronts to go somewhere else and give my stuffy nose and sore throat a break.

Alright, enough complaining. I'm off to eat a cupcake and get some rest before heading back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment