Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Weekend With Family

Our weekend, well more like our Saturday, was jam-packed with family activities. Actually, it was only two events but they took up the entire day and night, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

We started our Saturday with a barbeque/get together/birthday celebration with Rick's side of the family. His entire family was there and I even got to meet a couple of his uncles that I’ve never met before. We had food galore!! Stuffed jalapenos, chicken, fajitas, roasted corn, and tons of sides. I think the two most enjoyable things about getting together with his family, other than the food, are the children and the conversations we have. First off, there are so many kids! A couple of boys but lots of girls! And, naturally, with kids, hot weather, and a few adult (males!) who’ve had a little alcohol come…water balloons! As soon as I saw them firing, I ran and used my cell phone as an excuse for them NOT to get me with water balloons. Thennn, those tricksters, they played a cruel joke on me! Rick’s Mom asked to look at my phone so I handed it off to her. As soon as I gave her my phone she ran and I was attacked by everyone! I didn’t get too drenched, thankfully, but they definitely got me. I heard some small talk about possibly going to the beach in August with the whole family, so, that’s something that I’m already looking forward to!

I had to cut out of the barbeque early because…I had to go see my niece walk across that beautiful stage at good ol’ SHS! I’m so proud of her! I was super happy that it didn’t last forever either. I felt like we were in and outta there!

Anyhow, that’s all I have for today. We really haven’t had anything else exciting going on. I’ve been working and getting back into the habit of going to the gym, and Rick has been working and getting back into the habit of sitting on the couch instead of going to the gym. Had to throw that one in there! :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment