Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy (belated) Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there! I have a great relationship with my Father. He and my Mother pushed all of us kids to get through school and college, all while never missing a volleyball, basketball, softball game, ROTC event, or track meet. They're awesome! Anyway, to honor my father and bring my family together (with the exception of Brad...miss you bro!), I hosted a late lunch on Sunday. I made a couple of appetizers: pigs in a blanket, a cheese ball, and deviled eggs. For lunch we had brisket (my FIRST ever brisket to cook and it was so, so good!), loaded mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and salad. I made one of my Dad's favorites for dessert, brownies! After lunch we played a looong game of Scrabble then moved to a few rounds of Taboo. It was a great afternoon and it panned out just the way I wanted it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment