Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fireworks, Outdoor Welding, and Barbeques are Banned?!

What is up with this?!

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_224b12fa-909a-11e0-b3c5-001cc4c03286.html

The above is an article about barbeques and fireworks being banned through July 5th for Guadalupe County. The ban also includes outdoor welding. I think it stinks!! Thankfully we live in Comal County and the ban hasn’t made its way to us yet. I understand the reasoning behind some fireworks being banned and I kind of understand the reasoning behind outdoor welding being banned, but barbeques?!

Fireworks are beautiful, fun, and loud, but they’re dangerous. I get it. We don’t need things flying around and burning up the grass. However, I don’t think they need to burn ALL fireworks. There are some that are more dangerous and fire-threatening than others, but I think some are fine and somewhat safe especially with supervision. I think I feel more for the people who have invested money in their firework stands. This is going to kill their investment this year. :-/

But, barbeques are banned?! That’s really dumb. I don’t get it. What do people do in the Summer and especially around the 4th of July? They get together with friends and family and they barbeque!! This is totally going to kill the spirit of the 4th of July for residents of Guadalupe County.

Also, is it bad that I think that this is how the county is going to make a couple of extra bucks? It’s almost like they’re saying, “Hey, we’re killing your plans for your 4th of July weekend and we’re definitely going to write you a ticket if we catch you on the grill.” Why make this rule only through the 5th of July? Why not just extend it through the entire Summer?

I think it’s dumb and I think it’s stupid, and it really reassures me that I made a great decision when I decided to move from Guadalupe County to good ol’ Comal County where barbeques are still legal. Sorry, Guadalupe County residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment