Monday, March 14, 2011

R.I.P. Spring Break

So, I've been out of college for almost 4 years (yikes!!) and I really miss Spring Break. It's not like I have any business being out on the beach for an entire week partying my butt off the whole time, but I do miss the idea of it. Getting away from school or work, lounging or playing in the water all day, sipping a margarita or another alcoholic beverage of choice...*sigh*...I wish I could do that! Instead, I'm enjoying a nice, long week at work. Eh, at least I have Sandfest to look forward to. It's only a short month away! Rest In Peace, Spring Break. You were great while it lasted!!

In my last post, I wrote about wish list items and getting my backyard and patio ready for spring and summer. Well, I totally forgot to mention that I wanted new plants because ALL of my plants from last year had died during winter. I went to Home Depot yesterday and found some really good deals on filler plants for my hanging pots, and I found the cutest, tiny, little sago palm tree. I'm so excited and giddy about my new plants and palm tree! Next, I'm working on finding the perfect hammock. I'm checking stores like Academy, Home Depot, Lowes, etc., but I'm also looking on Ebay, Amazon, and Craigslist. I'm always looking for a deal and hopefully I'll find a deal on a hammock and have it hanging in the backyard in a couple of weeks.

How gorgeous was the weather this past Saturday?! We didn't get to do much on Saturday. I was at the gym all morning and Rick was working, then we tried to rest for a couple of hours before heading to a wedding that afternoon, so we kind of missed out on it. I thought yesterday was going to be just like Saturday so we planned to barbeque, but yesterday was quite the dud and we skipped the barbeque. This upcoming weekend, however, looks like it's shaping up to be super gorgeous! Gorgeous barbeque weather!! Although, I wouldn't mind having a picnic in the park with dogs...I guess we'll just see how it goes. I think this weekend is a plan-less weekend and I'm looking forward to just enjoying it. Geez, how pathetic am I? It's only Monday and I'm already talking about the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment