Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jealousy and Wish List Items

The first day of Spring is March 20th, and I've noticed a lot of people talking about and making plans for their Spring breaks. *Sigh* Can I just say that I am uber jealous? This is definitely one of those times when I wish I were still in school or... would have become a teacher! LOL! Those teachers get the best holidays! Some government/bank holidays, Spring break, Summer, Thanksgiving, and Christmas/New Year's break. At this point, I don't know why I didn't think of becoming a teacher when I was in college or making a career change a couple of years ago. I know there's much more to being a teacher than the holidays but they are a huge plus, I'm sure. As of now, I'll think of myself as super jealous of those getting a Spring break but also lucky to be able to look forward to an extended weekend at the beach in April for Sandfest 2011. So, the countdown begins... 40 days until Sandfest 2011!!!

And now for my wish list items...
We moved into our house in May of last year and didn't have a whole lot of time to get our backyard set-up the way I wanted to and it's looking like we might not get around to it this year either. :( There are a few items that I think I could probably DIY and do it for a fairly decent price. Then, there are those items that I would LOVE to have but can't justify spending the money for them. There's also the issue of us being in a rental house, instead of a house we're paying a mortgage on, that hinders us from doing permanent things such as building an uncovered deck off of the covered deck to create a sitting place for our firepit.

We currently have small twinkle lights strung under the cover of our patio but I would really love to string lights away from the patio to create more light and make the backyard more welcoming. I love large, colored lights and paper lanterns!








I also love these paper lantern towers I found on Martha Stewart's website. I want to make tons of them and line them along the fence. They are too cute!!





In our first house, Rick and I had a hammock and we loved it! I really want a hammock that is supported by trees...





...but we only have one tree so I guess I'll have to settle for a hammock swing. Either way, I want a hammock!!





The biggest item on my wish list is an outdoor canopy with a chandelier and a dining table. I really want to have outdoor dinner parties and this would set-up would complete the entire thing, but I know I won't get it anytime soon. Big sad face! Oh well, a girl can wish, right?!





My last wish list item is a new barbeque pit. We love hosting barbeques and I love nothing more than grilled fajitas, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and jalapenos! I would love to have this grill!





I'm definitely going to try to DIY the light strings, paper lantern lights, and paper lantern towers. Hopefully, next will be the hammock and new grill, then I'll keep wishing for the outdoor canopy, chandelier, and dining table!! LOL!

I think the wish list will at least provide a little more motivation for me to work harder so that I can finally have these items in my backyard, and host the perfect, outdoor dinner parties I've been dreaming about.

No comments:

Post a Comment