Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wowwwza

Geez, it's been a long twenty-something days! A lot has happened since my "Historical Week" post...shall we play catch-up?

We have been swimming, floating the river, camping, bbqing, and in between all of that, my sister graduated from A & M and my brother left for Afghanistan. It has been crazy!

Erica finally graduated from A & M University on the 13th. I'm kind of teasing about the finally part...but not really! LOL. I'm very proud of her and she makes the third child that my parents have put through college. So, as proud as I am of myself, my brother, and my sister, I'm more proud of my parents and forever thankful to have such an awesome support system.

Bradley "too rad B-Rad" recently left for Afghanistan. That last Skype video conversation was tough but I've since Skyped, talked, and emailed with him. He says things are fine and he's in an area that hasn't seen too much action within the last year. I have a feeling he'll be super bored but I'm happy about the "no action" part. I'm already looking forward to May 2012 and having him back in the States. :)

We went camping at Garner State Park this past weekend. It's something we try to do every year. Thunderstorms were predicted for our entire stay but there wasn't a drop of rain (although Rick says it started sprinkling one night). It was super hot and humid, and it's a good thing there was still enough water in the Frio Rio to keep us cool! We went with six of our closest friends and had a blast the entire time, but there's something about camping that makes you want to go home after a couple of days of living in a tent. Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun and I have a feeling we'll be doing it again soon.

This upcoming weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we all know that it serves as the "official" start to Summer. I'm sure we'll be out in the hot sun floating the river(s), bbqing, consuming a few (or many) alcoholic beverages (we always have a safe driver!), and...we're going to see the Spazmatics on Sunday night. I've seen them a couple of times before but their shows NEVER get old! There's just something so fun about rocking out with nerds to 80's and 90's music! Somehow, all is right in the universe at that point in time, LOL!

Of course, let's not forget about the real meaning of Memorial Day...to remember the fallen soldiers who gave their life to fight for our freedom. It's not like I don't know the meaning of it or I don't think that you don't know the meaning of it. I just feel obligated to mention the meaning behind the holiday anytime I talk about doing anything fun for the holiday. I blame it on Facebook! Everyone is so opinionated on Facebook (not that I'm not as well). There are just those few who always make it a point to push their views, whether political or religious, or try to make others feel like crap because of the way they live their life, what they believe in, etc. Since when did it become okay to chastise someone because of their views, beliefs, and actions? It's not cool, and I wish people would take a step back sometimes and just realize that they don't have to be so vocal with the opinions and comments. **Didn't mean to step on the Soap Box but it just kind of started pouring out...Stepping Off Now**

I would post a new recipe or decorating idea, but I just haven't had time to try anything new. I haven't even had to time to look for the hammock I so desperately want! Shoot, I'm still cleaning my house from about two weeks ago...but I'm slowly and surely getting it done. I have a feeling I'm going to have a packed house this weekend so I'm, for sure, getting it done by Friday evening! Oh, I have to give a shout out to Rick right now because he has been super helpful with cleaning the house lately. He even mopped! Something was wrong with him that day. He must have taken some kind of drug or something, LOL! Just kidding! It was nice to have his help and here's to hoping he's willing to help again...?!

Have a good rest of the week and an AWESOME Memorial Day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment