Monday, May 30, 2011

We Love Three Day Weekends!

Well, well, well...we have had an awesome and long three day weekend! Despite a personal and horrible situation that arose last week, we were able to have a wonderful weekend and I'm so grateful for that.

Our weekend started on Friday night by taking in a showing of 'The Hangover 2' then we continued the night with food and drinks at Buffalo Wings and Rings. I really liked the movie and it was hilarious, but can I just say...I really, really love the new menu that Buffalo Wings and Rings has! Ummmm...delicious and lots of new food options! Absolutely love it!!!

We floated the horseshoe in Canyon on Saturday and it was really nice and relaxing. The water was flowing, the majority of the time, and it wasn't freezing cold either like it usually is down there. Unfortunately, that was the only river trip we took all weekend. I meant for us to spend more than one day on the river but it just didn't seem to fit with our plans or our levels of tiredness and laziness, and to be honest, the cops were really bad this weekend and I just didn't want to chance anything. They had people pulled over left and right, and I didn't want that to happen to us.

On Sunday, we went to the Spazmatics concert! They rocked it, as always, and it was so, so, so much fun! They put on a great show and we try to catch them at least once a year. I'm definitely going to have to post pictures from the show and you all definitely have to catch a show of theirs. They're having another show at Whitewater Amphitheater in Canyon Lake during the 4th of July weekend. Even though we just saw them, I'm thinking we might have to catch another show...they're THAT much fun!

Now, today has just been pathetic. We were supposed to hit the river with some friends but decided that catching up on old episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" was much more important, and I desperately needed to go grocery shopping but that didn't happen either. My gosh, we have been so lazy today! But I guess we needed it. We've been going, going, gone and I don't think it's going to change any time soon. There's always something to do and people to see!

Time for a random thought...
I think I've watched the "Sandlot" too many times. I have this idea of a block party in my head and I feel like it still happens, just not anywhere around me or in my neighborhood. You know what I mean by a block party, right? Where you close down a street in the neighborhood, everyone comes out and we all enjoy a potluck dinner of hot dogs, hamburgers, and homemade sides and desserts; and then we don't have to drive anywhere to enjoy the fireworks for the 4th of July because they're so close it's almost like they're in our backyard. That still happens, right? I'd like to believe that it still exists. Even if it doesn't happen in my neighborhood, I'd like to think that something so simple like that still exists and one day I'll get my dream of having a neighborhood potluck block party. Now I'm laughing at myself because it sounds so stupid!!...but, I still want it!

Maybe I'll just make my own 4th of July potluck/block party in my backyard...get ready, Rick...you'll be the one doing the grilling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment